Treat Cavities Seamlessly
Studies show that over 90% of people here in the United States will experience at least one cavity in their lives, and fillings are the treatment of choice for combating this dangerous decay in a safe and conservative fashion. At Atsalis Dental Excellence, our team has replaced traditional amalgam with tooth-colored composite resin for a more lifelike and comfortable result! If you’re struggling with tooth pain or suspect you may have a cavity, don’t hesitate to contact our Plymouth location and schedule a visit.
Getting a New Tooth-Colored Filling
Having a new filling placed will usually require just a single appointment of our patient’s time. Dr. Atsalis will start by carefully removing the decayed portions of the tooth and cleaning the area. Then, our selected shade of composite resin (matched closely to your enamel for a seamless appearance) will be sculpted into the hole so that it fully covers the damage. After contouring it to look like a natural addition and hardening it in place with a curing light, the process is finished and the patient is free to return to their daily routine.
What are the Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Tooth-colored fillings live up to their name and are hardly noticeable once in place, which means that patients won’t have to worry about their smile appearing unnatural.
- Composite resin is also more flexible than amalgam, and our team is capable of creating smaller fillings that preserve more of the tooth’s natural structure.
- Because there is no metal in your filling, it won’t have the same uncomfortable sensitivity to heat and cold.
- Tooth-colored fillings don’t contain any mercury, which could have potentially harmful effects.
- Tooth-colored fillings are known to last for 10-15 years or even longer if they’re cared for with regular professional checkups and diligent oral hygiene at home.